Banana and blueberry bread
Banana and blueberry bread is a great, easy bake for kids to do. This recipe is healthier than others as it uses no artificial sugar but is still really tasty.
Prep Time35 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 35 mins
- 1 ½ cups of whole wheat flour or use this with a mixture of plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup bananas we used 4, the riper the better.
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup we didn’t have any so used golden syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
Preheat your oven to 180C
Mix together the dry ingredients
Mix together the wet ingredients
Mix the butter and bananas together.
Pour the wet ingredients onto the dry ones
Bake your bread
Grease or butter a loaf pan. Pour the batter in and bake for 50-60 minutes. To test if it’s ready, stick a metal skewer or knife in the middle – it should come out clean.
Let your bread cool in the tin for ten minutes or so. Remove the bread from the tin to a cooling rack and enjoy!